Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I can't help the poor if I'm one of them.

Time: an entity we each possess, but will never have enough of. We spend it; we waste it. We need it. Time is the one true equalizer in humanity. It's what broadens perspective. It tears people from another. It leads people back. Time will never go away.

The further you go from The starting point is how much closer you are moving toward the end. We're taught to blindly respect one another and put the other man ahead of ourselves. We are to believe everyone notices every flaw. We are made to put our faith into tradition, what has worked before and thus will always work. The number of truths is shrinking with age, and the methods of reaching them stretch tighter as one gravitates from their start.

There is no leaving what has been done. Figuratively, yes. But regardless of what has already happened leading up to this exact second, it happened. There is no leaving what has been done inasmuch we cannot escape whatever's coming next.

If I could create a timeline of each emotion that dominated over me and why it held control on me, I would. Since I don't share the same outlook as I did when I was 16, or 17, or even 20, I couldn't do that. It's kind of like losing your virginity: once you're in the club you can't really get out. 

At 21, I think I'm in my own club. I have a CEO and a couple associates who share the same (general) thoughts and same (basic) values. What I keep most sacred, other than my written words and love for all things zebra or cheetah print, is to hold the individual above all. This is not just to speak for myself, but to how I act on others. I support original thoughts, original ideas. You don't always have to search for the profound; it's just right there, simple and perfect. 

Here, right in front of my face, in time. All is growing, and all is fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment